Mosque, which’s construction started in 1852 in the south of Dolmabahçe Palace, is opened for worship in 1855. Two-story Sultan Kiosk adjacent to the front entrance of the mosque gives the impression of a separate structure.
Main venue of the mosque has a square, and it is covered with a single dome. Dome decorated with pen works is without pulleys or window, and a chandelier hangs from the middle of it. Large arched windows in the lower row provide a good illumination.