Great Mosque of Bursa (Ulu Cami)
Coordinate: 40º11’03.28’’K 29º03’42.15’’D Height: 237 m
It is in the city center, next to Grand Bazaar. It was built with the spoils obtained from Battle of Nicopolis in years between 1396 and 1400 by Bayezit the Thunderbolt. It is a monumental example of multi-legged and multi-domed mosque common in the first period of Ottomans. 20 domes cover the main venue in size of 50 to 63 meters.
Also, the fountain is inside the mosque as a feature of the period. There is a fountain as a shape of pool with a sprinkler inside which is close to the center of interior venue.
Pulpit is a very valuable work of art which was made in carpentry (meshing) technique. Pulpit, made by Mehmet Usta in 1571, reflects the rich stonework of the period.