Coordinate: 41º00’25.41’’K 28º58’36.10’’D Height: 51 m
The fountain at the northern end of the Hippodrome was built by German Emperor Wilhelm II, in commemorate of his second visit to Istanbul in 1898. Prepared in Germany, the fountain was brought to Istanbul and built in its current location in 1901. Mosaic dome carried by eight green onyx covers the fountain. In the four of eight medals performed in the dome has the monogram of Sultan Abdul Hamid on green background; the other four medals has the “W” letter, the icon of Emperor Wilhelm, on a Prussian blue background.